Monday 17 February 2014

Sleep (For A Friend)

Where have you been my long lost friend?
Have you been down, by the lakes?
Or maybe on the beach, by the sea and the sand,
And the the sun, dancing on your face.

Or maybe you’ve been down in that basement, 
In that pit of vacant memories.
You shouldn’t go there my friend,
Slip sliding down the stairs.

Do you remember what you played me?
That banging? Like death upon my ear?
You searched my eyes for appreciation, 
Or understanding, or even fear?

I can see you now, in the middle of the street,
Hands open wide, the world at your feet.
Towering behind you like a bat upon the wind, 
She was there - St Mary enter in

Please don’t let your soul be driven away.
From where that spirit lay.
Step out of the car and sleep.
For what you cannot control is not yours to keep.

No comments :

Post a Comment